Buy and Sell Vintage Postcards, Postage Stamps, Postal History, Antiques and Collectibles!
This form is available for use by Gold, Silver, or Bronze Dealers.
To use this form, please log in. If you are new to Playle's, register here - It's free!
Batch Listing Uploader
The Batch Listing Uploader enables dealers to upload quantities of Auction or Store items in a single spreadsheet file. To learn how to create a file, scroll down for instructions.
How to Create & Use Batch Listing Uploader
You can set up your Batch Listing Uploader file using a spreadsheet program. Microsoft Excel or any spreadsheet program should work as long as you can save your file in a tab-delimited text format. If you don't have a spreadsheet program, you can download LibreOffice.org or WPS Office free. Database programs should also work if you can export your data in a tab-delimited text format.
Be sure that you have filled in the required fields (shown below) and saved your file in a tab-delimited text format. If you don't want to use the optional fields, you can either leave them blank, or not include the column in your spreadsheet. The first line of your file must contain the column names in the order you are using them. Upper and/or lower case can be used for the column names. If you want to use our template for the Batch Listing Uploader, you can download it in Excel or OpenDocument format.
- Title: The title is limited to 100 characters (no HTML in this field).
- Category: The category number goes here. If you want additional categories, list each category number separated by either a space or a comma. Additional categories are $0.05 each. For a list of categories click here. The list is also available in .pdf format. We suggest you print it out for easy reference.
- Price: Auction items require a minimum starting bid - the lowest price you are willing to accept, in U.S. dollars. Please round off your opening bid for an auction item to one of the increments below (minimum starting bid is $1.00). Store items can be any amount.
- Description: Describe your item using as many characters as you need to fully describe it. You may use basic HTML code in your description
- Length (Auctions only): Enter "728" (using quote marks ") if you want the auction to end 7 Days after first bid, expiring in 28 days maximum. Most sellers choose this option as it allows your auction item to be listed for up to 28 days, but close in 7 days or less after first bid. You can also enter any number between "3" and "60" (again using quote marks ") for the number of days you want your auction to be open, regardless of whether it has received a bid or not. To specify an exact ending date and time in your local time zone, use the format mm/dd/yy hh for example 11/27/07 10 PM, or 11/27/07 22 (if you prefer a 24-hour clock). You have the option to specify minutes :mm or seconds :ss which is especially useful if you want to stagger closing times. For example 11/27/07 10:01:15 PM, or 11/27/07 22:01:15.
- Age (Postcards only): Enter a number from 1 to 5, based on the approximate publishing date as follows:
4. 1980s up
5. Unspecified or mixed
- Reserve (Auctions only): In a Reserve Auction, you specify the lowest price that you will accept for your item, in U.S. dollars. Keep in mind that many bidders do NOT like reserve auctions! Please round off your reserve price to one of the increments below. Your auction listing will show only your starting bid, not your secret reserve price. It will indicate if you have a reserve, and whether or not the reserve has been reached.
- Postage: This is the total amount you charge in U.S. dollars to pack and ship the item for delivery to locations within the United States. The amount you enter will be included in the listing and in the automatic end-of-auction email when the auction closes.
- Boiler: If you want to attach one of your Boiler Plates to your description, indicate A, B, or C. You may want to create a boiler plate for information your listings have in common, so you don't have to enter the same information over and over. You can change your boiler plate at any time, which will change all previously listed items with the same boiler plate. Most dealers use it to list their terms, to make announcements, or for links to their website. You can create boiler plates by going to Seller/Settings.
- Picture 1: enter your first picture URL (location) without using HTML tags. For Example: http://www.yoursite.com/pictures/001.jpg. Picture 1 is the image that will appear as a "thumbnail" (small image) in your listing, and in a spotlight (if you selected one). You are allowed 2 free pictures per listing. The location can either be a link to an external server, or to the Playle's server if you have previously uploaded your images using FTP. Contact support to request a free FTP account.
- Picture 2: enter your second picture URL (location) without using HTML tags. For Example: http://www.yoursite.com/pictures/001.jpg. You are allowed 2 free pictures per listing.
- Spotlight: Featured Spotlight - ONLY $2.99. Indicate with an 'X' if you want the item to appear for 7 days (or until bidding closes if it receives a bid) as a Featured Spotlight for an additional fee of $2.99. It will be featured at the top of our main listings page where it will be seen by the most people. If you have a picture scan (Picture 1), a thumbnail will automatically appear (a thumbnail will NOT show if you put your image URL in the description box using HTML). The Featured Spotlight option applies to the original listing only, and will not appear on free relistings unless you pay for it again.
- Cat Spotlight: Category Spotlight - ONLY $0.49. Indicate with an 'X' to have this item appear in a Category Spotlight for an additional fee of $0.49. It will be featured at the top of the listings for the category that you select, and will remain there for the duration of the auction. A thumbnail will automatically appear if you put you picture URL into the Picture 1 Field (do NOT put your picture URL in the description field using HTML if you want a thumbnail). The Category Spotlight option applies to the original listing only, and will not appear on free relistings unless you pay for it again.
- Bold: Indicate with 'X' if you want the title to show in boldface text so it will stand out when users are browsing the listings. There is an additional fee of $0.05 per item.
- Color: Indicate with 'X' if you want the title to have a yellow background so it will stand out when users are browsing the listings. There is an additional fee of $0.05 per item. You can select this option alone, or combine it with the Bold option for a double impact ($0.10 if both are selected).
Uploading Your File
Once you have your batch upload file saved on your computer in tab-delimited text format, use the form at the top of this page to upload your listings. Click the "Browse" button to locate the Bulk Loader File saved on your computer. Once you have it located, indicate whether it is for Auction or Store items, then click "Upload."
If your file appears to be OK, you will see "Your file appears to be valid" and a choice of two buttons "Review first item before it is added" (recommended) or "Add all items without review." If you click on the "Review first item before it is added" everything in your first listing should be displayed, including picture(s) if any. If you want to make changes, click on "Edit this listing." If for some reason you don't want to submit this item, click on "Skip this listing and go to the next in your file." Otherwise click on "Submit this listing & continue to review" or "Submit this listing then add the rest of the items without review."
During the review process, you will receive warnings if there are any errors. You will need to make corrections before continuing, as they cannot be submitted until fixed. If you have chosen to add all of the items without reviewing each one, no items will be submitted to our database until all of the items have been checked for errors and you have reviewed any fees that will be charged to your account.
If you are having problems, send details in an email to email@example.com
Valid Bid Increments
|Minimum Opening Bid
|$1.00 to $4.75
|$5.00 to $14.50
|$15.00 to $29.00
|$30.00 to $97.50
|$100.00 to $195.00
|$200.00 to $490.00
|$500.00 and over