Buy and Sell Vintage Postcards, Postage Stamps, Postal History, Antiques and Collectibles!
Dwig (Artist Clare Victor Dwiggins)
Checklist Author: Ben Shoemaker
- Knocks Witty & Wise Series #165 Set of 24 per Lowe
- 1. Don't make a (monkey) of yourself...
- 2. Don't feel discouraged when you look into a (mirror)...
- 3. Don't let anyone but a (bee) sting you
- 4. Don't let the Wall St. brunch squeeze you...
- 5. Don't turn over a new leaf...
- 6. Don't Let Anybody But The (shoemaker) give you the boot
- 7. Don't Chew The (tablecloth) To Pieces With Your False Teeth...
- 8. Don't Admit that you've met your (match) Till you've tried to strike it
- 9. Don't Let Anybody But The (carpenter?) trim you
- 10. Don't Kick about every little thing. Only an (ass) does that.
- 11. Don't sit around & pas the time away--. That's what the (clock) is for--
- 12. Don't Grab Everything In Sight -- Only a (pig) does that.
- 13. Don't let anybody get your (goat)
- 14. Don't try to build a castle out of the stuff that comes out of a (pipe)
- 15. Don't Let Anybody/ But The (Tailor) Take your measure?
- 16. Don't Let Anybody But Your (lady) sit down on you'
- 17. Don't knock & hammer everything - Let the (blacksmith) earn a living'
- 18. Don't Let Anybody Treat you like a (DOG). Except to pat your head'
- 19. to 24.?
- Smiles Tuck Series #169 (24 cards per Lowe)
(This set is also found with an advertising overprint on back for Buttercrust Bread.)
- 1. Smile if it kills you and you'll die with a grin on your face
- 2. Smile at hard luck, the fates may think you like it and quit
- 3. Smile every time you get the chance......
- 4. Smile while you're awake
- 5. Smile, giggle and git there!
- 6. Smile at the past and you can grin at the future.'
- 7. Smile when you're mad
- 8. Smile as soon as you get up
- 9. Smile and never let the sun set on your troubles
- 10. Smile and bear it when you have a load
- 11. Smile and the world smiles with you
- 12. Smile at your dog and he'll come to you
- 13. Smile at her if she says no
- 14. Smile at the ups and downs of life
- 15. Smile if you're thin
- 16. Smile every time you get the chance
- 17. Smile in the rain and see the rainbow
- 18. Smile through life and you'll be a Happy Angel
- 19. Smile when you fail
- 20. Smile while you wait
- 21. Smile while you can and the fruit won't spoil
- 22. Smile at the wolf and your teeth will scare him away
- 23. ?
- 24. ?
- School Days Tuck SERIES 170 Set of 24 per Lowe
- 1. Never worry about what is past...
- 2. If you want a thing done well, let it kook
- 3. Never jump at a konclusion, you might scare it away
- 4. They'll never get ripe if you pick 'em
- 5. Never scratch a bite while fishing'
- 6. Don't do it now everybody else does that
- 7. When you get into deap water keap your mouth shut
- 8. Smile at your trubble today and you'll laugh at them tomorrow
- 9. Sum people would rather di than be a brunet
- 10. The only way some peeple can get squeezed is by imitatin a lemin
- 11. Have faith in your complextion but keep your powder dry
- 12. The best way to tell a bad egg is in a whisper
- 13. Haff the world is nutty & the rest is squirls
- 14. Figures never lie / It's the padding
- 15. to 24.?
- Cheer up SERIES 176 Set of six per Lowe (Green border)
- 1. Never pick a quarrel
- 2. Don't worry about tomorrow to-day...
- 3. If your luck is playing possum...
- 4. What if you're not on top...
- 5. They can't string you if you know the ropes
- 6. When you feel blue-/ if you're a blonde,/ it's becomming-/ if you're a brunette - dye!
- PUB: Edw. Gross, NYC Copyrighted 1906 by W.R. Anderson Co.
- What's The Use 1 Knocking / so much?/ That only scares them/ ....../.....
- Zodiac 12 cards all vertical
- PUB: Samson Bros. You Need A
- 1 You need a (boot) and you know it
- 2 You Need A (hook) And You Know It.
- 3. You need a (Keeper) and you know it
- 4. You need a (ring? minister? ??) and you know it Couple in wedding attire?
- PUB Gibson #100 Ifs and Ands
- 1. IF you lose your temper....
- 2. IF you want to do a thing....
- 3. IF you don't know what you're doing maybe it's yourself
- PUB Chas Rose Series #22 c1908
- 1. What Are The Wild Waves Saying? I Adore You
- PUB Chas Rose Series #23 c1908
- 1. I am anchored here with a good proposition...
- 2. The Sand Witch
- 3. The Oyster Girl'
- PUB J. MARKS - New York
- Series 981 - Halloween set of six unsigned cards
- PUB Martha Steuer 1908 Series #30
Series by Martha Steuer (Messages reversed in mirror) APPARENTLY WITH DIFFERENT COLOR BORDERS?
- 1. Just how to solve/ this mystery/ Your glass will tell/ you truthfully
(In square mirror) You're the only girl I ever loved
- 2. Just what these/ hieroglyphics spell/ Your looking glass will quickly tell
(In oblong mirror) You're just my style
- 3. This story of my/ mental state/Your mirror, dear/ will soon translate
(In oblong mirror) I'd die for you
- 4. To learn my sentiments dear lass/ Just hold this to the looking glass
(In mirror) I Love You
- 5. If to this card/ you'd find the/ key// Look in the/ mirror and you'll see
(In mirror) -Think of me sometimes (Red border)
- 6. My hidden meaning/ to detect// Pause at your/ mirror and/ reflect
(In mirror) -Won't you say yes? (Silver border)
- 7. Before your mirror, for a while-/ Hold up this card-twill make/ you smile
(In mirror) My heart is yours
- 8. If to the glass this/ card you'l hold/Its hidden meaning will/ be told
(In mirror) I wish you were with me
- 9. This message is for you,/ my dear---/ Your looking glass will make --/ it clear'
(In mirror) Won't/ you be / my' sweetheart/?'
- 10. Will you be mine? (in mirror) ?
- 11. My Darling if these words you'd read..' (in mirror Forget /me-/not') (red border)
- 12 ?
- Pub Kaplan
- Fortune Teller Series #55 c1909. Messages in reverse on mirrors - (12 cards per Lowe)
- 1 I'd give the world for you
- 2 I am yours forever
- 3 You are worth your weight in gold
- 4. I love but you
- 5. Your the only girl I ever loved
- 6. I am your slave forever
- 7. Will you be mine?
- 8-12 ??
- Help Wanted, Publisher: A. Blue. #500 c1909 Messages are written as want ads.
- 1. I am all up in the air...
- 2. I am broke_send some glue (damaged)
- 3. I am up against it...
- 4. Young lady who wishes to make a catch,/ (lady fishing in bucket)
- 5. Am caught in a trap...
- 6. Young man to handle a large proposition....
- 7. I am all upset....
- 8. I am afraid to go in alone...
Pub Chromo Co. NY, Kaplan (12 cards in each series per Lowe. )
How Can You Do It? Series 49 c1908; Series 49A c1909
Pub Sam Gabriel VALENTINE
- SERIES #402 (Lavender borders w/ thin gold line)
- 1. If had your heart I'd feel like a king...
- 2. If your heart is heavy / Let me hold it for you
- SERIES #403
- 1. Your heart is all the world to me... (Framed w/ corners)
- Pub Cardinell-Vincent Co.
- Series 101 Widow's Wisdom, copyright 1910 Ninon Traver - Set of 12
Last Revised 11/07/01
For additions, corrections, email firstname.lastname@example.org